Game Programming

Visit Base Classics - Gaming Chairs

game programming
Game Programming :: The Central Hub :: Introductions :: The game changed in a hurry. Atlanta opened the se - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
vive123654
Veteran Member

The game changed in a hurry. Atlanta opened the se (23rd Oct 15 at 3:06am UTC)
BOSTON -- When their game against Boston was postponed Wednesday due to inclement weather, the Tampa Bay Rays made it clear they had no interest in playing a doubleheader Thursday. The Red Sox got their way. The Rays got the last laugh. Yunel Escobar homered off Boston closer Koji Uehara leading off the ninth inning to propel Tampa Bay to a 6-5 win and a day-night doubleheader sweep on Thursday night. The Rays won the opener 2-1. "I really believe that we had vociferously fought for just one game, for a lot of obvious reasons," said Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon. "I mean, Im not going to hide from the reasons -- we have a lot of guys injured, we had a lot of very difficult games more recently, so we wanted one game and pick it up later when were at greater health. "It just did not work out that way, thus our players came out and made a statement today and I kind of enjoyed it." Escobar crushed the second pitch from Uehara (0-1) over the Green Monster in left field for his second homer of the year, and Grant Balfour recorded the final three outs for his second save of the day and sixth of the season. "Hes a very good relief pitcher and it was a very uncomfortable at-bat," Escobar said through a translator. "(I) got a splitter up and (I) just tried to get good wood on the ball and (I) was able to hit it out." Sean Rodriguez and Desmond Jennings also went deep for last-place Tampa Bay, which won for just the third time in nine games. "I didnt know we didnt want to play. No one asked me," Balfour said with a laugh. "Im pretty happy that we did." So is Maddon. "Im so proud of our guys, the way they handled the entire moment," he said. "Nobody complained about anything. Nothing -- and they just went out and played really good baseball for 18 innings. It was pretty astounding to watch the whole thing play out." The first game was just as wild, but for an entirely different reason. With Tampa Bay leading 2-1 in the seventh, Dustin Pedroia was called out on a close play at the plate, thrown out on a relay from Escobar at shortstop while attempting to score from first on Ortizs double high off the Monster. After a 1 minute, 52 second delay, it was announced the call "stands." Boston third base coach Brian Butterfield was ejected by first base umpire Toby Basner for slamming his helmet to the ground. "I just dont like the whole inconclusive deal," said Pedroia, who didnt think he was tagged before crossing the plate. "Replay, you should go check it out and youre either out or safe. I dont know what inconclusive means. Maybe that means someone doesnt want to make a decision." Pedroia may have beaten catcher Jose Molinas sweeping tag with a feet-first slide, but it was unclear if he touched the plate before the tag. Basner, rotating as the umpires moved on the play, made the call at the plate. "I thought not only did Dustin beat the throw, beat the tag, but felt like his left foot made some contact with home plate," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "Our video internally showed that that was the case." The Rays then charged back from a 5-2 deficit in the nightcap. Rodriguezs two-run homer off Boston starter Felix Doubront in the sixth brought Tampa Bay within one, and Rodriguez tied it in the seventh off reliever Junichi Tazawa, doubling and scoring on James Loneys single. Uehara then uncharacteristically surrendered Escobars blast, just the fourth homer he has allowed at Fenway Park since joining Boston before last season. "It happens every year, April, May," Uehara said through a translator. "I think even last year I didnt pitch that well." NOTES: It was the first doubleheader for both teams since last year when the Red Sox swept the Rays in Fenway Park on June 18. ... The Rays open a three-game series against the New York Yankees on Friday. Tampa Bay LHP David Price (3-2, 4.75) will oppose New York LHP Vidal Nuno (0-0, 6.59). . Boston will host the Oakland Athletics for a three-game series beginning Friday, with Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz (1-2, 6.66) facing Athletics RHP Dan Straily (1-1, 5.14). Cheap Custom Chelsea FC Jersey . Yes, Im writing to defend a player that is on pace for a 59-goal season, when the second-best goal-scorer in the NHL this season, Torontos Phil Kessel, is on pace for 43. Naturally, I didnt think that Ovechkin would be a player that needed much defending, but hes taken some hits lately. Im going to largely ignore his contributions on the power play because its not in any dispute that Ovechkin is great with the man advantage and can make a difference even when he doesnt score. Custom Sporting Kansas City MLS Jersey . During a recent meeting of NHL team presidents in New York, league officials estimated they might raise $4 million per team by allowing corporate sponsors to put their logos front and centre on jerseys, a person familiar with the matter told TSN. http://www.thepersonalityshop.net/Soccer-Club/Custom-AC-Milan-FC/ .Ty Schultz and Chad Labelle also scored for Medicine Hat (28-9-2), while Marek Langhamer made 20 saves for the Tigers third straight win.Travis Browns goal at the 16:46 mark of the third brought Victoria (20-19-3) to within a goal, but it was not enough for the Royals. Custom Argentina Jersey .ca sat down with two Blue Jays veterans to get their thoughts on the August collapse. Custom Manchester City FC Jersey .Y. -- Dont rule out Niagara Falls as a potential future home of the Buffalo Bills.INDIANAPOLIS -- Atlantas Mike Scott hit Indiana with the first 3-point barrage Monday night. The Hawks defence staggered the Pacers with some late stops. Now Atlanta is heading home with a chance to deliver the knockout punch to the Eastern Conferences top seed. Scott scored all 17 of his points during the Hawks incredible second-quarter run, and the defence fended off the Pacers frantic fourth-quarter charge to hold on for a 107-97 victory and a stunning 3-2 lead in the first-round series. "We can play with this team," Scott said. "Theyre a great team, especially at home, great players, great coach, but we have a belief in ourselves as well." Why not? All the Hawks have to do is protect their home court and they will reach the second round for the first time since 2011, and throw the East into disarray after the talk all season was about an Indiana-Miami rematch in the conference finals. That looks like a long shot now. The Pacers havent won consecutive games with their regular starters in the lineup since mid-March and the leagues best regular-season home team (35-6) has inexplicably given away home court advantage to the Hawks -- twice. Theyre making it look easy, too. Atlanta shredded one of the leagues top defences during a remarkable second quarter, making 13 of 16 shots overall and 9 of 11 from beyond the arc. Scott made all five of his 3s during the decisive 30-6 run, which actually started with the final basket of the first quarter, to turn a 21-18 deficit into a 48-27 lead. Indiana never recovered. Atlanta outscored the Pacers 41-19 during that 12-minute stretch, matching the second-highest second-quarter scoring total in the franchises post-season history. The Hawks scored 41 against Detroit on March 17, 1986, and the St. Louis Hawks had 45 against Fort Wayne on March 14, 1957. Indiana, meanwhile, allowed a second-quarter franchise record, breaking the previous mark of 39 points set by Boston on April 23, 2005. The Hawks joined the 1970 Milwaukee Bucks as the only road teams in the shot-clock era to score at least 40 points in a quarter and give up fewer than 19. Not enough? Atlanta tied an NBA record with 9 3-pointers, most recently done in 2008, and also broke the franchise playoff record for 3s in a game with 15. The previous mark was 12. "I didnt even know," Kyle Korver said after making two 3s in the second quarter and another late in the game to keeep the Hawks in control.dddddddddddd. "Mike got hot. I dont know how many 3s he hit in that quarter. Mike hadnt shot the ball as well as he did tonight, but he hasnt shot that well all series." Shelvin Mack led the Hawks with 20 points, while Paul Millsap had 18. The Pacers, meanwhile, endured yet another bleak chapter in a second-half collapse that could go down as the worst in NBA history -- if they lose either of the next two games. And it was downright dismal. Roy Hibbert finished without a point or a rebound for the first time in his playoff career. Indiana was outrebounded for the first time in the series and its rebuilt bench was outscored 45-23. Paul George led the Pacers with 26 points and 12 rebounds. George Hill, Lance Stephenson and David West all had 16 points, not quite enough to rally on a night they were again serenaded with boos in the first half. "It was frustrating because we didnt make a change," George said of the Pacers defence. "We let them run the same action, the same shot. We didnt do nothing. So that was frustrating." The game changed in a hurry. Atlanta opened the second quarter with a free throw from Mack to tie the score at 21. Scott then made four consecutive 3s to push the lead to 33-21. Mack followed that with a midrange jumper, Korver made a 3, Scott scored on a putback and Korver hit his second 3. Mack followed that with two free throws and Scott closed the run with his last 3 of the game to make it 48-27. The Pacers still trailed 61-40 at halftime and by as many as 30 points in the third quarter before the frantic comeback. Indiana cut the deficit to 85-67 late in the third and with the crowd urging them on, the Pacers made it 96-87 on C.J. Watsons layup with 4:04 to go. But Korver answered with a 3 and the Hawks closed it out at the free throw line. "We dont do much for moral victories, we just dropped the ball," West said. "Everybodys got to be ready to play and I didnt think we responded well enough." Notes: The Pacers had a moment of silence to honour former coach Jack Ramsay, who died Monday at age 89. Ramsay led the Pacers to the first NBA playoff win in franchise history. ... Atlanta has three wins at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and is the only team to beat Indiana on its home court more than once this season. ... The Pacers are 0-10 in series when trailing 3-2. NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '
 Printable View