Game Programming

game programming
Game Programming :: The Central Hub :: Introductions :: placent," captain Zdeno Chara said after the Bruin - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
vive123654
Veteran Member

placent," captain Zdeno Chara said after the Bruin (23rd Oct 15 at 3:06am UTC)
PHILADELPHIA -- Nick Foles has locked up job security into the next millennium. Tired of answering the same question every week, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Monday that Foles will be Philadelphias "starting quarterback for the next 1,000 years." Foles has led the Eagles (7-5) to a 5-1 record and a share of first place in the NFC East with the Dallas Cowboys since replacing an injured Michael Vick in Week 5. He leads the NFL in passer rating (125.2) and has thrown 19 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Foles lost the starting competition to Vick in training camp. But hes been excellent in five of his six starts since Vick hurt his hamstring on Oct. 6. It wasnt until Vick was healthy last week that Kelly officially made Foles the starter. Now, Kelly is ready to say Foles is the quarterback of the future. "Because Ive been asked the question a thousand times, so I will say he is the starting quarterback for the next thousand years here," Kelly said. "If Im wrong next week, then Im wrong next week." Kelly was joking, of course. His focus is on the upcoming game against the Detroit Lions (7-5). Foles certainly has strengthened his case to be the teams quarterback going forward, but those decisions are for the off-season. The Eagles are right in the thick of the playoff picture, so questions about the teams long-term plans are not Kellys priority. That explains his sarcasm. "Right now, Im on a one-week deal," Kelly said. "I dont think Nicks going to come in tomorrow and say I dont want to play anymore because you guys dont want me here six weeks from now. So the questions we get asked about it long term, right now is not long term. Long term for us is this Sunday against the Detroit Lions. That is the end of the deal." Then again, teams like New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, Denver and many others know who their starting QB will be next year. Hasnt Foles earned the same security as Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning? "As long as he can stay healthy. Thats what Ive qualified it with all the time," Kelly said. "I dont think anybody can predict the health of anybody. That is a reality. How many quarterbacks have gone down this season in the National Football League? Its a pretty high amount. "Its a very, very difficult game. They take a lot of hits. I understand why they protect the quarterback in this league because of the hits they do take. When you have a quarterback thats durable and can last, thats when you know youve got a guy." Foles is having an exceptional season. He tied an NFL record with seven TD passes in a win at Oakland on Nov. 3 and was the NFCs player of the month for November. He broke Vicks team record for consecutive passes without an interception and extended it to 233. Hes one TD pass away from tying Mannings record set this year for most TDs without a pick to start a season. "I learned through making mistakes and throwing interceptions in high school, in college, and in practice," Foles said of his ball protection. "I try to push it in practice and test my boundaries and see what throws are capable against certain defences. Its through a lot of mistakes that Ive learned that." Despite starting only half the games, Foles has as many TD passes as Brady. Theres no telling what numbers Foles would have had he started the season as the No. 1 QB. "Wed be undefeated, and I think everybody would cancel the season and wed win the Super Bowl," Kelly joked. "I dont look at things that way. I dont mean to be facetious, but if youre going to say hindsight, then, yeah, wed score a thousand points a game and no one would score on us, and theyd be afraid to play us." Dennis Rodman Jersey .C. -- For more than 60 minutes, the Columbus Blue Jackets just couldnt manage to give their power-play unit a chance. Joakim Noah Jersey . Ivanovic had lost five straight to Safarova, but with an early break was in control of their quarterfinal at Ariake Coliseum. Ivanovic moved on to face top-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany, who beat sixth-seeded Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia a third straight time this year, 6-3, 6-0. http://www.basketballbullsshop.com/Bulls-Michael-Jordan-Authentic-Jersey/ .25 million in bonuses based on starts.The 30-year-old right-hander agreed to an $8 million, one-year contract with the Padres in November 2013 but got hurt during spring training and had elbow ligament-replacement surgery on April 24. Taj Gibson Bulls Jersey . The Buffalo Sabres have traded Moulson and Cody McCormick to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Torrey Mitchell and a second-round draft pick in both 2014 and 2016. Kirk Hinrich Bulls Jersey .Y. - Ray Rice and wife Janay testified Thursday on the final day of a hearing in the former Baltimore Ravens running backs appeal of his indefinite NFL suspension.Carey Price isnt back in golden form, but hes getting there. The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15. "The past couple of games things are getting back to normal," Price said Saturday night after beating the Toronto Maple Leafs. "Its a work in progress. When youre out of action for just about three weeks, its all about timing and getting a feel for the game." Price missed eight games with the injury that he said he suffered while helping Team Canada win gold at the Sochi Olympics. Since returning, he has allowed 13 goals in four games, which statistically is also a work in progress. But the results are there as the Habs have gone from a precarious spot without him to a solid third place in the Atlantic Division. "Im feeling pretty good, these guys have been playing well in front of me and giving me pretty good looks," Price said. Price could make his fifth straight start Monday when he and his teammates visit the archrival Boston Bruins, though coach Michel Therrien would not confirm that Saturday in Toronto. Therrien did note that the Habs are "playing with a lot of confidence" with Price in net. That especially seems to be the case against the Bruins. Price shut them out at Bell Centre on Dec. 5 and in his career against them is 17-8-3 with a 2.50 goals-against average and .919 save percentage. Overall, the Habs are 5-2 against the Bruins this season and last. A March 12 loss made it unfair to say Montreal has Bostons number, but theres no arguing it has had more success than most teams. "I think youve got to give a good team a lot of reespect, but you cant give them too much respect," Price said.dddddddddddd "Obviously we respect what theyve accomplished so far this season, but you cant take it to the point where you give them a lot of room out there. Youve just got to play them tough." The Bruins might be the toughest opponent around, riding a league-best 12-game winning streak into Monday. They last lost March 1 against the Capitals and have already clinched an Eastern Conference playoff berth. "We still have to play our hockey, really focusing on the little details going into the playoffs, and not getting satisfied and complacent," captain Zdeno Chara said after the Bruins clinched in Denver. "We just still have to push our team to the best, maximum results." Boston has outscored its opponents 46-17 as part of the third-longest win streak in franchise history. That kind of dominance obviously affects how Price and the Habs approach facing the Bruins. "I think when youre facing a good hockey club you play a little bit more scared, I suppose," he said. "You have to be prepared when you play a good team because theyre going to smoke you if you dont. Obviously Bostons a really exceptional team all season." The Bruins have also had strong play from backup goaltender Chad Johnson over their streak. Starter Tuukka Rask has only allowed 11 goals in his seven victories, while Johnson has allowed six in his five starts. Johnson said staying in the moment has a lot to do with Bostons streak. "We dont really worry about how many weve won or who were playing in one day or two days," he said. "We just worry about whos next. Thats sort of where our mindset is." NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '
 Printable View