Game Programming

game programming
Game Programming :: The Central Hub :: Game Programming Suggestions Box :: Running maps has always been profitable - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
futshop

Running maps has always been profitable (24th Jan 18 at 3:25am UTC)
poe orbs
Running maps has always been profitable. As long as you aren’t paying too much for them, which is rare, you’ll get returns just by running them. Map drops, currency cheap poe chaos orbs drops, and divination cards provide a fixed income, while uniques pad it. But for all of that, you need density.

Last league the more expensive and popular maps went up to 5 chaos a piece. This league, there’s no way you could hope to get that back, simply because of mob density. It’s keeping the economy down in terms of map prices, but the rest of the game isn’t sitting around. We’re making less money, but the end game items are still bonkers expensive.

The mob density was what allowed slow farmers to buy poe chaos orbs . Players like me that waited a few weeks before really getting into a build. Right now it’s three weeks after the league start and I have five characters over 70, because I enjoy messing around more than hardcore farming. But I eventually buckle down, make some currency in maps, and buy my end game items. This league, that’s harder than ever.

I’ve just gotten to the point where I’m buckling down, but the currency is only trickling in. The uniques are actually more expensive than last league, but my piggybank is half the size. The payoffs don’t match the input, and a lot of players are feeling it. Hopefully GGG poe exalted orbs does something about this soon. The game just doesn’t quite feel as fun with the lowered density and lack of Breaches. I want my mobs back!
 Printable View